Monday, May 18, 2020

Find Your Happy Place with Newton's Nook

Here's my nod to NND's mascot, Newton, at home enjoying his happy place. I also think this would be a great card to send to loved ones as a gentle reminder they are in our thoughts and if they had to change up their routine, home is a good place to be.


This cute stamp set is called Newton's Birdhouse. I wanted a clean and simple card without too much white space so the perfect compliment is adding a background with the purr-fect stencil Tumbling Hearts. I used Distress Oxides in Tattered Rose and (Worn Lipstick) but then switched to Aged Mahogany.
Besides making "Newton", I had a play at coloring up other types of kitties too! All cards are all colored the same, except for Newton's has red accents.


Here's the Copic marker colors I used: Orange Newton: YR27, YR23, Y21. Black and white kitty: W7, W5, W3, W00. Black & Orange Calico Tabby: W5, W3, W00, Y21, YR23, E51. Siamese Kitty: W7, W5, W3, E42, E40. The ears on all are E04, RV32. Wooden Birdhouse: E37, E35, 355, Y21. Blue birds: BG75, BG53, G000, Y21. Red accents:R59, R46, R17                      Crafty Hugs!!





2 comments:

  1. Love all of these different kitties! I think the Siamese is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I had a blast coloring them all up! Siamese are one of my favorites to do.

      Delete