Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cupcakes with Jean

The image for this card comes from the amazing MayzyArt Site! She has so many images, and after some time away, she is cranking out even more awesome images! This one is called Jean and she's bringing a treat for you.
The layout is one from Jen's Deconstructed Sketches (150), and I changed it up just a tad!
 
She's colored up in Copics, and I didn't write the combo down this time, but there are BGs and cool greys, possibly E15, a YR and Y for the hair...I used Spica turquoise glitter pen for her barrettes, the bling on her belt and buttons on her boots. The blue background is also a shiny/glittery paper from a pack in my stash. I think it totally makes this card!
 
I changed the ribbon in the middle (from the sketch) to be this fun twisty-cut piece of textured paper and was having a time trying to think of what I should use in the corner, when it dawned on me- I have a Sizzix die for a cupcake (It also has an icecream cone with it and is an oldie.)! I bent the edges of the cupcake paper for a more 3-D look and the frosting was embossed with a stencil using a thin rubber mat through my Big Shot. The cupcake is popped up for added dimension.
Thanks for looking! (Dontcha just want a cupcake now?)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment