Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday! Marilyn Style

Well, sortof...I have a Marilyn anyway!! She's from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and is a rubbah image with a sentiment. The happy birthday sentiment circle is one I have had for ages. It has been unmounted and I am no longer sure which company it is from, maybe a PSX??
 
I wanted this card to be pretty much white-on-white. I deviated by adding a little blue-for her eyes, the happy birthday sentiment and the background card base.
The chandelier is cut from a shimmer paper with my Cricut and a cartridge from CTMH. Rhinestones were added to give a little more bling for Marilyn. In the photo above you can kind of see the sentiment....
The background was embossed with a folder from SU! The stairs were also embossed from a SU! folder, and the die is from Memory Box.   This was kind of a busy card for me. I was not sure about it at first, but it is slowly growing on me!             Here's the full card front:
 
The fancy double scallop border at the bottom is also from shimmer paper and the die is from MFT. Marilyn is colored with Copics and clear glitter is added to her dress and shoes for added Pizzazz!
 

(SU!=Stampin' Up!  CTMH=Close To My Heart  MFT=My Favorite Things.)
Thanks for checking my blog out and I hope your weekend is full of sparkles!!


No comments:

Post a Comment