Friday, June 27, 2014

KKS Challenge 4-All Things Shimmery!

Here's my entry for this Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Challenge! I've been stamping like crazy the last few days to get some cards done for the challenges. Scroll around my blog to see the other cards I entered into their themes :)
This card is loaded with shimmer - Shimmery black pearl paper, shimmery white pearl paper, silver glitter enamel dots, and shimmering show girls! This gal in the photo frame below with short hair, has a shimmery background made with Heidi Swapp Silver shine mist and Tim Holtz's dark pink (that was misted on first so all areas were covered). Looking closely you can see a little bit of pink in there! The silver shine spray was a little blotchy when spraying, but in the end it turned out well.
I masked her, and then quickly pulled off the mask after spraying. It did soak through some areas faster than I anticipated... On one of the two that were masked for cards, I ended up having to recolor and cut her face out; gluing this over the finished card since the first originally ended up with some silver puddles on it.
The images are colored with Copics and loose, white/clear glitter was glued onto their outfits and feathers.
The film strip rectangles and photo frame dies are from Stampin' Up!
 
 
No more waiting, here's the card in its entirety:

This set is called Show Stoppers and can be found at KKS. I was lucky enough to win this awesome set at its release, and this is the first time I had a chance to ink it up!!
Thanks for looking!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment