Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pocahantas Honey- Flashback Friday Freebie image

Every Friday the Sassy Studio Designs team will provide you with inspiration on a particular image. These images are ones that may have been forgotten about, or need a little extra lovin!

YOU CAN GET THIS IMAGE FOR FREE! All you have to do is join the SSD Facebook Fan Page and it will be available for you to download for 24 hours ONLY!
If you miss out on this opportunity, you can still purchase this image from the shop. Just scroll down this section. She is great for Thanksgiving and Thank you notes!
This one I went a little simpler with my coloring style and really enjoyed it! I masked my image first. Then stamped the stalk of corn from an old (retired) Stampin' Up! set, repeatedly, using distress inks I had smooshed out onto a palate. I then, lightly and quickly, colored in the corn field with the remaining ink on my palate. The sky was also colored using distress inks. The colors are a little more vivid in real life, but I couldn't get it to photograph properly. -oh, I didn't use watercolor paper, so I was trying to be real careful to use as little water as possible. Mini Pad Distress Ink colors: fossilized amber, mowed lawn, brushed corduroy, milled lavender and shaded lilac. I used my heat gun to help dry the paper and then left it under a heavy pile of papers to flatten out overnight. It was ready to go when I got to it the next morning!
The image is colored with Copic markers: Skin: E23, E11, lips: E04. Dress: E53, E33. Necklace: BG45. Hair and eyes: E77, E71. I also use a black or very dark grey Copic to go over the eyelashes, and a Sharpie XF white paint pen to make a dot of light. I think both these things really help the eye to draw attention! (A black multiliner would also be a good choice, and have a fine tip.)
The word is a die from Savvy Dies and I cute it 3 x; twice to build up under the card and the 3rd time right out of my card front, which I then layered on top. This makes it pop a little more too.
Thanks for checking out my blog, and I hope you will also check out all the awesomely cute and sassy images, and challenges, available from Sassy Studio Designs. I've really enjoyed being a guest designer for them this month!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment